Successfully Implement Case Management Case Manag
1. Case Management Strategies
This assignment seeks to explore the various aspects of case management utilized as guidelines for working with clients. One key skill is to identify and evaluate ethical pitfalls as well as how to respond to them. Chapter 1 discusses components of case management. These components include: assessment, planning, developing an individualized plan, linking, monitoring, advocacy, and service coordination. Chapter 2 discusses some of the values and ethics that drive effective case management.
- Once you have completed this module’s readings and the first video, review some of the vignettes on pages 72-75.
- Select one of these vignettes, and begin your post by retyping the vignette.
- Decide what was done in the situation that was unethical, and then discuss what strategies should have been taken to address the ethical mistake and improve the client’s situation.
- Include at least one scholarly source in your response. This literature should support your choice of strategy.
2. How Do Your Surroundings Impact Your Behavior: The Ecological Model
One goal for this week is to explore various aspects of case management utilized as guidelines for working with clients. In the first discussion we talked about the various aspects of the role of a case manager and the components of case management. In this discussion, we will be exploring the environment in which people function. Understanding the influence of environmental factors is important in being able to successfully implement case management interventions and strategies. For example, if your client wants to exercise more but lives in an unsafe neighborhood, you will need to help the person problem-solve safe opportunities to exercise. Chapter 3 of the text discusses this environment through an ecological model.
Based on the readings and the second video, and other sources of information where applicable:
- Choose something you would like to change about yourself.
- Using the ecological model, describe how you would seek to make that change.
- Clearly discuss the different micro, meso, and macro level factors and people at that may help or hinder that progress.
Provide properly formatted citations/references for all source material.
Textbook: Summers, N. (2015). Fundamentals of case management practice – Skills for the human services, (5th ed.). Cengage: Belmont California. ISBN: 9781305525375