Student Demonstrates Mastery Applying Ethics And
In this assignment you will discuss Research Ethics, the ethical principles of scientific research, the purpose of the institutional review board and professional code of ethics.
Read carefully Chapter 16 of this book:
Bhattacherjee, Anol, “Social Science Research: Principles, Methods, and Practices” (2012). Textbooks Collection. 3. http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/oa_textbooks/3. Chapter 16. pp. 137-142
Use the information provided in the readings to write a 5- to 7-page paper that discusses the ethical considerations for quantitative, qualitative, and action/evaluation research designs.
Explain the purpose of an Institutional Review Board (IRB). In your own words, describe the steps of the IRB process at Trident and provide a summary of the components required in the IRB application at Trident.
Finally, describe one professional code of ethics from an area of your choice.
Length: The written component of this assignment should be 5-7 pages long (double-spaced) without counting the cover page and reference page.
Organization: Subheadings should be used to organize your paper according to the questions.
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted for minor errors, assignments are expected to adhere to standard guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax. Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity. We encourage you to use tools such as grammarly.com and proofread your paper before submission.
When you write your paper make sure you do the following:
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- Use evidence from your readings to justify your conclusions.
- Be sure to cite at least five credible resources.
- Make sure to reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 11-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC Portal.
Your assignment will be graded using the following criteria:
- Assignment-driven Criteria: Student demonstrates mastery covering all key elements of the assignment.
- Critical Thinking/ Application to Professional Practice: Student demonstrates mastery conceptualizing the problem, and analyzing information. Conclusions are logically presented and applied to professional practice in an exceptional manner.
- Business Writing and Quality of References: Student demonstrates mastery and proficiency in written communication and use of appropriate and relevant literature at the doctoral level.
- Citing Sources: Student demonstrates mastery applying APA formatting standards to both in text citations and the reference list.
- Professionalism and Timeliness: Assignments are submitted on time.