One Restricted Response Essay Comprehensive Asses
you will create an original, comprehensive assessment plan.
Part 1: Assessment Plan Summary
In creating the assessment plan, include an introduction that
provides a 250-500 word summary of a 3-5 day unit of study to
contextualize your assessments. Your summary should include:
- Learning targets/objectives that are aligned with your
standards and consistent with the unit of study that you have
- Instructional strategies that are appropriate and
effective in promoting student achievement of the learning
- Targeted reasoning skills to be measured that are
aligned with your standards and consistent with the unit of study
that you have summarized.
- The different ways a student can
demonstrate knowledge and skill attainment.
- The needed
tools and resources to develop these skills in the content
- Academic language for the unit of study, including key
vocabulary, form, and function.
- Potential use of technology
to support assessment, in the form of engagement and addressing
Part 2: Assessments
Consistent and aligned with these items, create one pre-assessment
you would use for this unit. Your pre-assessment should assess:
- Prior student knowledge.
- Student interest.
Create three formative assessments that would appear in this unit.
Your formative assessments must be:
- Aligned to the standards and objectives listed in the
- Minimize bias and document learning.
- Differentiated for the populations described in your class
Create one summative assessment that consists of:
- Specific directions for the student.
short-answer response items that require the use of varied targeted
- At least 15 multiple-choice questions
assessing reasoning by focusing on a variety of particular reasoning
skills or reasoning tasks.
- One restricted response essay
item that clearly identifies the tasks to be performed.
- Modified short answer response and multiple choice items for
students on IEPs.
- An analytic scoring guide for the
restricted response essay item that describes the criteria and
features to be scored.
- An answer key that includes answers
for the short responses, multiple choice items with explanations for
each option, and a sample answer for the extended response
Part 3: Conclusion
In finalizing your assessment plan, include a conclusion that
provides a 250-500 word rationale for the original assessments you
created. Discuss how the pre-assessment data would help you to plan
Discuss the feedback you received from your mentor teacher on your
assessment plan. Explain how you used the information from the class
profile you created and describe how the assessments are aligned to
the objectives and differentiated for the population of students
represented in the class profile. Discuss how you could provide
feedback to your students based on the assessment data you would get
if you executed this plan.
Indicate the professional collaboration needed to ensure the
delivery of an effective learning experience, based on the unit plan.
Submit your class profile, introduction, three formative
assessments, one summative assessment, and conclusion to your
instructor as one deliverable.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA
Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.