Company Show Corporate Social International Busin
Part1: 400-600 Words
- How do the changing technology and the falling barriers to trade and investment reflect the success of this company?
- How does the company show corporate social responsibility in terms of labor conditions, human rights, fair trade, and the environment?
- What actions can a multinational corporation take that would make globalization a positive development for the global economy?
Part 2: 1,000–1,200 words
You want to launch a business internationally, and you need to choose 3 countries—1 in the Middle East, 1 in Asia, and 1 in Latin America.
- What are some of the components of these cultures that you need to understand from a business standpoint?
- How are they different in each country? Specifically, what considerations will be necessary to facilitate collaboration across these cultures? Identify supervisory skills appropriate to respond to your considerations.
- Can you have a U.S. management style in these countries? In support of your answer, show how various issues would influence the success of multicultural teamwork.
- How are their economic systems classified? Explain why they are classified as such.
- After studying these countries, explain whether you should or should not move forward with your business plan.
Part 3: 500-600 Words
Dispute settlement is the focus of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the way that the organization keeps the global economy stable.
- What is the WTO, and what is its history?
- What are the benefits of being a member of the WTO?
- What are the disadvantages?
- How does it settle disputes?
Choose a recent dispute between 2 countries, and discuss it with your peers. Include the following:
- Summary of what happened
- How it was resolved
- Role played by the WTO
- Do you agree with the resolution?
Part 4a: 500-600 Words
A regional bank has decided to open an office overseas for serving those businesses that are expanding internationally. Choose a country with a large financial center that you believe would be helpful to your customer base.
- Discuss some of the challenges you may face in this new environment.
- What are the cultural, ethnic, social, and educational characteristics?
- Describe the political and legal systems.
- How much does the government intervene in the private sector?
- How will that affect your financial institution?
- What type of economic system does it have?
- What is the history of that economic system?
- How is the country involved in international trade?
- How does the government get involved in trade issues?
- Will that help or hurt your financial institution?
Part 4b:1000-1200 words
- Will your presence in this country be helpful in your attempts to invest in other developing countries?
- Is this country involved in any regional integration efforts? How so?
- Why did you choose this location for your bank?
- As a manager, what would be your overall assessment about whether you want to pursue opening an office there?
- Are the financial risks worth taking?
- Will it be beneficial to all of the stakeholders?
In pursuing this, what type of presence do you think would be best suited to your objectives?
- How should the plant be financed?
- Keep in mind that the country that the plant is in does not necessarily have to be where the financing is done.
- What is your final decision on the financial center you chose to work with? Write about the logic and reasoning for your decision?